Re: 2 Questions

Jordy Simpson (vampire@rubyred.com)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 23:17:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Dave Wreski wrote:

<snip>
> >> This must be THE most asked question about X in general:)
> >> (http://www.afterstep.org/screenshots/chris.jpg) carefully
<snip>
> Hmm.. Actually, the theme(?) that is being used in that image is quite
> nice.  I have like zero, zilch, nada artistic ability ;)  Can someone
> point me to where I can find some additional themes as cool as these?

Try http://as.themes.org/ -- there are some pretty good ones there.
However, it looks like WindowMaker has a better following as far as
themes go, so you might try http://wm.themes.org/ and just modify them to
the look.* and feel.* style that AfterStep uses.

Another thing you can do is look around for Windows95 themes and modify
them.  The main theme file is plain text, containing the different color
combo, etc., so it should be easy to modify.  And of course, XV can handle
the transformation from .bmp .xpm.  There are tons of Win95/98 themes
around.  Try http://www.pacifier.com/~swanberg/ and
http://www.net-1.net/vipertheme/

If you find a 95/98 theme you really like, I'd even be willing to convert
it for you.
.
.
.

I just double-checked LiteStep's site (essentially AS for winslow
platforms) and they have a ton of new themes up that are really great.
The site is http://litestep.net

> Thanks,
> Dave

-Jordy