Re: Solaris 2.6 status

Andrew Sullivan (
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 13:53:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Dave Wreski wrote:

> Hi all.  Until I can install Linux on my Ultra, I'd like to run afterstep on
> Solaris 2.6, but am having some trouble compiling it.
> Is there a currently compiled binary available anywhere?
> I'm using OpenWindows with Motif, as well as having a compiled version
> of X11R6.3 available.  I overcame quite a few problems compiling it,
> but there are now linking problems, as well as some others that I
> would not be able to fix.
> Is anyone running 1.5pre* on Slowaris?

Have you seen the "README.SOLARIS" file?  It has some pointers about what
needs to be fixed, although it says

	Solaris 2.5.1 with SunPro C 4.2 or gcc 2.7.2
        Solaris 2.4 with IXI Motif and SunPro C 3.0.1

	It ought to build on Solaris 2.4 with normal OpenWindows too.

If you don't have this (and don't want to download the whole thing before
looking at this file), e-mail me & I'll send you the file.

Andrew Sullivan | (better)| (worse)
                                   *  *  *
'finger -l' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.