Re: Afterstep FTP site and AfterStep Classic 1.1 beta 2

Michal Vitecek (
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 23:43:38 +0200

Dave Wreski wrote:
>> I wonder if anyone is still maintaining  I'm asking
>> this because some files I uploaded (AfterStepClassic-1.1beta2.*) have
>> been stuck in /incoming for several days.  I'd like to have them moved
>> to /pub/devel so people can start downloading.

 f.a.o will most probably moved to a redhat's ftp server within several
 days afaik.

>I was also wondering what happened to  After all, at
>the end of each email, it makes mention of it, yet I couldn't find the
>beta4 release there...

 if u went to or other places where the beta4 was
 announced u'd clearly see the sites where u can download from.

>Anyway, a few questions which don't deserve a message of their own:
>- where's the documentation?

 go to - there are links

>- how do I disable visual bell, and reenable my normal bell?

 xset b off; man xset

>- which manual will tell me how to configure the pager?  I'd like to put
>it in the wharf(?)  Is this still all done with ~/.steprc, or how does it
>all fit into the ~/GNUStep?

 okay, no go and read the FAQ and other documents prior to other questions
 - don't expect ppl to help u when u're lazy.

>Incidentally, I think it would have been a much better ide to configure it
>to use ~/.gnustep.  Why wasn't this done, or even ana available option?

 configure --help  (in beta4)

>   WWW:
>   FTP:
>   MAIL:

 BillGates [] has joined #LINUX
 mode/#linux [+b BillGates!*@*] by DoDad
 BillGates was kicked off #linux by DoDad (banned: We see enough of Bill
          Gates already.)