Re: Afterstep FTP site and AfterStep Classic 1.1 beta 2

Michal Vitecek (M.Vitecek@sh.cvut.cz)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 00:36:40 +0200

Michal Vitecek wrote:
>Dave Wreski wrote:
>>
>>> I wonder if anyone is still maintaining ftp.afterstep.org?  I'm asking
>>> this because some files I uploaded (AfterStepClassic-1.1beta2.*) have
>>> been stuck in /incoming for several days.  I'd like to have them moved
>>> to /pub/devel so people can start downloading.
>
> f.a.o will most probably moved to a redhat's ftp server within several
> days afaik.
>

>>I was also wondering what happened to ftp.afterstep.org.  After all, at
>>the end of each email, it makes mention of it, yet I couldn't find the
>>beta4 release there...
>
> if u went to www.afterstep.org or other places where the beta4 was
> announced u'd clearly see the sites where u can download from.
>

>>Anyway, a few questions which don't deserve a message of their own:
>>
>>- where's the documentation?
>
> go to www.afterstep.org - there are links
>
>>- how do I disable visual bell, and reenable my normal bell?
>
> xset b off; man xset

   uhh ohh - my bad. looks like exams don't do me good :/
 edit the resources of your terminal and disable the visual bell there. u
 can use xeditres for this as well. or for rxvt it'd be rxvt -vb  for
 example.