RE: 2 questions (resending)

Albert Dorofeev
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:59:58 +0200 (CEST)

Subject:  Re: 2 Questions
Date:  Thu, 17 Sep 1998 15:08:44 +0200 (CEST)

Marcin Pacyna writes:
> > 	How about http:/ or is
> > this the same story, just with the images lined up REALLY well, because there
> > seem to be none of the joining problems as with .../chris.jpg?
> >
> > 	Adler
> Unless both of these terms are Eterms then yeah they are really well lined
> up... If you really want to waste a lot of cpu time for transparency then
> go for Eterm :)

Okay, i feel guilty about this particular image because
you can see me talking to intinig there and how he made
the screenshot :)
The trick is very simple in theory. You have to use Eterm
that allows background pixmaps. After that you can put
a pixmap with the same content as the root window in the
background and be happy.
intinig went a step further. It is not _actually_ transparent
but it is damn close to that. His Eterm copies the root
window contents into the background. So, if you move the window
around it still apeears like if it is transparent because
the background is updated to reflect the occupied part
of the root window.
If you have enough cpu power, go to #Afterstep on EFnet
and ask intinig to explain you how to create this effect.
I personally have no idea how to do this in practice.

Albert Dorofeev