Re: AfterStep documentation

Doug Alcorn (
19 Sep 1998 14:15:39 -0400

"Glenn Williams" <> writes:

> Andrew:
> I've looked in my Linux, and I don't have a copy of the conversion program
> 'sgml2txt' - so can you suggest where I might find a copy?  I have
> difficulty reading long documents on-line, and I want something I can hold
> in my lap or put on a table and work over with a highlighter.  In the
> absence of something better, I'll print out the html text and read that
> (bleah!).
On my RedHat 5.1 box, I have an rpm for sgml-tools-1.0.6-2 that
includes the sgml2*.  You can find this at your favorite redhat mirror
under redhat-5.1/i386/RedHat/RPMS (I am currently using  The package says that the home URL
is <>.  However, for as much as some
people say that rpm is a lousy way to distribute package, I recommend
it for some stuff.  Anyway, if you are not running Red Hat, you can
get the source for rpm from their site as well and compile it for your
system.  I know this message is flame bait, but please refrain.  It
seems popular right now to diss Red Hat, but I like them and this
thread is about sgml-tools and not rpm vs. tarball.
 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo )  (Fledgling XEmacs User)