Re: AfterStep documentation

Andrew Sullivan (
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 14:25:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Glenn Williams wrote:

> I've looked in my Linux, and I don't have a copy of the conversion program
> 'sgml2txt' - so can you suggest where I might find a copy?

As well as the address offered in another message, you can find the source
for sgml-tools in just about any large Linux archive.  A full mirror of
sunsite will have them in the documentation section.  The sgml-tools DTD
(actually called Linuxdoc DTD) is the basis for the LDP, so it's useful to
have the package on your machine.  It's also not very big, so it's not
like it'll take up a lot of space.

By the way, there is a bug in (*mumble* GNUConfigIthink *mumble*) which
prevents sgml-tools from being detected correctly in many cases; that's
why even the people with sgml-tools don't always get afterstepdoc at
compile time.

Andrew Sullivan | (better)| (worse)
                                   *  *  *
'finger -l' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.