Re: UPDATED !

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:57:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Nathan Widmyer wrote:

> I have a question reguarding X in general.  If you take the guys page below,
> which he did a nice job and look at the screen shots.  I can't ever get my
> desktop to look that good, the best I can display first of all is 800x600,
> second of all, I can't get any dos in a box stuff, no matter how I try to
> compile.

Well, there are two things.

First, I don't know about most people's set-up, but I know many people who
use a virtual desktop.  You could easily get a 1024x768 screenshot from a
14" monitor, presuming that you don't actually look at 1024x768 on your
monitor (or have _really_ good eyesight!).  For my part, I can't stand the
panning, so I stick with 800x600.  It's a bother, though, because I'm
severely restricted in what I can do.

As for DOS-in-a-box, you really need to look carefully at the HOWTOs, and
probably hang out lots on relevant IRC channels or newsgroups.  I might
suggest that you look really carefully at your DOSemu configuration, and
also, that you collect a series of relevant errors, and then start asking
about them in the relevantr places.  (I'll be no help, for what it's
worth!  I have barely configured it.)

                                   *  *  *