Re: Root tail and heavy background pixmap

Francis GALIEGUE (
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:23:41 +0200

Henning Percy wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Francis GALIEGUE wrote:
> > What I'd like to know is if it's possible for rt to wait for the
> > background to get loaded, or if I have to play with sleep?
> >
>         Using 'ps' and 'awk' you could get the process id of the program that's
> PID. Just look at 'man wait' it should explain most of it.
>         Here's a quick go at the script. I can't guarentee it'll work though:
>         I assume that you use 'xv' to load your background and that the process
> id is the second thing (hence the $2) that is listed when you do a 'ps'. I also
> assume c-shell.

Well indeed I have no idea... AfterStep loads it for me at each startup
after I've loaded it once from the start menu. I have no idea which
program is used and coudln't find the file which takes care of it...

I use 1.5b4. Any clue?

(I use bash, but adapting the script shoudln't be a pb - thanks :) )

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free"
			(Linus Torvalds)