Re: Root tail and heavy background pixmap

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:41:18 -0500

>Henning Percy wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Francis GALIEGUE wrote:
>
>> > What I'd like to know is if it's possible for rt to wait for the
>> > background to get loaded, or if I have to play with sleep?
>Well indeed I have no idea... AfterStep loads it for me at each startup
>after I've loaded it once from the start menu. I have no idea which
>program is used and coudln't find the file which takes care of it...

Pager is loading your background, but I don't think you can wait on it,
as far as it never terminates until you exit AS.
So you have to switch to xv in autoexec or use sleep command  :( ;

>I use 1.5b4. Any clue?
>
>(I use bash, but adapting the script shoudln't be a pb - thanks :) )

BTW : if you feel lucky today, go grab updated Pager source from :
http://members.xoom.com/sashav/afterstep.html

it has built in support for JPEG, and JPEG pictures loads much faster then
XPM.

Sasha