Re: Root tail and heavy background pixmap
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:55:36 -0500

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 wrote:
>> Pager is loading your background, but I don't think you can wait on it,
>> as far as it never terminates until you exit AS.
>> So you have to switch to xv in autoexec or use sleep command  :( ;
>Speaking of which, is there a way to stop the Pager loading the screen
>background to be the same as its own? I would like to be able to see the

Unfortunately With the old pager the was no way to do this, due to some
minor bugs.

Newer Pager, that you can grab on my web site,   will give you several
options :
1. to have different pixmaps on Root and in Pager window
2. to have Root pixmap scaled down to the Pager's window size, and
displayed there
3. to have same pixmaps on both Root and Pager window

visit my AS resources collection @