Re: Root tail and heavy background pixmap
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:59:48 -0500

Ari wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 wrote:
>> Pager is loading your background, but I don't think you can wait on it,
>> as far as it never terminates until you exit AS.
>> So you have to switch to xv in autoexec or use sleep command  :( ;
>The pager uses xli or xv (or whatever you have the loader named in the
>config files) so yes it should terminate.
That is wrong. Pager is loading and displaying XPM files by itself.
There was some functionality to start xli in case image is in other format,
but this was broken,
and Pager was limited to XPM files.

Again, everybody is encouraged to try improved Pager from my site :