Re: pager question

Andrew Sullivan (
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:40:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Paul Keefer wrote:

> I'm enjoying my new afterstep install, but I have a question
> about the pager.  Right now each one has four blocks, is there a
> way to make one of them have only a single block?  For example:

There are two things to look at when starting a pager.  The first is the
pager configuration.  In particular, you want to adjust some bits of the
pager configuration here: the number of columns/rows you want, desktop
names, &c.  The other thing you want to adjust is your call of pager in
the autoexec file.  The syntax is "Pager [number of first desktop = 0]
[number of last desktop]"  In my case, then, with two desktops, it's
"Module	"I"	Pager 0  1".

You can also change the number of _panes_ per desktop.  This is adjusted
in "base.[Nbpp]".

Andrew Sullivan | (better)| (worse)
                                   *  *  *
'finger -l' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.