Re: Start Menu is broken

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:20:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Stephen Loewinsohn wrote:

> I am running Afterstep 1.5bet4 on Linux Slackware 3.3. I made some
> changes to the start/ directory and now my start menu is useless, I
> can't select anything, and I can't update the start menu because the
> only way to do that is through the start menu. How can I get everything
> back to normal?

This will remove the bad configuration:

rm -r ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable

Then restart AfterStep, and it will recreate this directory from the
defaults in /usr/local/share/afterstep, including a valid start menu.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1