Re: [Announcement] AfterStep-APPS-1.5beta5

Albert Dorofeev
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:24:39 +0200 (CEST)

David Mihm writes:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> 	The APPS package has been fixed and now holds each individual
> applet in it's own tarball.  It no longer requires the existance of the
> AfterStep source tree.  There is currently no global install.script for
> this release, but creating one shouldn't be very difficult.  If someone
> wishes to do so, we could add it to the package.

Hi, David!

I take it as you maintain the applets for afterstep
and therefore I have a couple of notes :)

First, IMHO putting traballs inside a tarball is a bad idea.
Why don't you just tar the directory structure?

Every applet ends the configure with:
"AfterStepApps 1.5.0 beta 4 are now hopefully configured"
hmmmm... this should be the name of the applet and
the version is incorrect...

You got an old asapm in there, it's at ver. 2.2 now.
I can send you the new one but i have no idea how to
write autoconfigure scripts or how to convert the app
to the configure of the asapm from the tarball...

I have another applet: ascpu to join the distribution.
I can send that one to you too, maybe you can have a
look and tell me if it's worth putting in.

And another thing: where can I get you public pgp key?

Albert Dorofeev