Re:

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:08:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Linux Idiot wrote:

> Great faq, why isn't there a link from the AfterStep site?  This is just
> what I've been looking for for the past week.  Thanks...

Hmm.  I'm pretty sure there _is_ a link.  (I can't be sure, because the
site's down just now.)

Developers: the sgml source comes with the AS distro, I know, but it's of
no use to most people, because (I gather) there's a bug in autoconf. Would
it be better to include a gzipped html version of the faq instead, at
least for now?  It's not so much bigger than the sgml as to make the
package too big.

(BTW, I _promise_, really really, that the new version'll be ready soon.
If my life hadn't been interrupted by a rather unhappy occurrence at the
beginning of Sept, this would all be done.  Alas, it was so interrupted,
and grant-application deadlines are a prominent feature of Sept. as well,
so I've just been swamped.)

                                   *  *  *