Re: asload uses too many colors

Stephen Loewinsohn (ctepher@forte.com)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:27:32 -0700

I wish I had noticed this before, but I think the real problem is that
afterstep is still only detecting 8 bit collordepth. Even when I run startx
-bpp 16 or higher, I get this message when afterstep starts up;

detected colordepth : 8

I have a fast graphics card (Matrox Millenium II) so I should be able to
get more colors, right? If so please let me know how.

Thanks,
	-Steve