Re: Newbie questions !

Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:35:50 +0200 (CEST)

Yann Bizeul writes:
> no, I want it to sleep, to prevent from powering down on low charge, and if
> possible to measure charge...
>
> >> - where can I find something to deal with my Powerbook 3400 energy ?
> >Meaning what? A meter for it?

You have to recompile the Linux kernel and include
APM support. Look in "character devices".
APM=Advanced Power Management (just in case :-)

After you got that, get the package APM (I think apmd even)
from whatever your distribution is. It has tools to see
the APM status and to suspend the laptop.

After that if you want to monitor the battery status
grab one of the APM monitor tools for X and swallow
it in the Wharf.

Albert

--
Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be http://bewoner.dma.be/Albert/