Re: Netscape via Wharf

Denis Barbier (barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr)
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 08:48:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Stephen Davies wrote:

> I just had a play and found that the following works as expected:
>
> *Wharf netscape   netscape.xpm   Exec "-" netscape -xrm
>  "Netscape.Navigator.geometry: 850x700+100+20" &
>
> I also commented out the "StartsOn Desk 1" in my database.
>
> However, before arriving at the above, I had to try many different
> combinations: most of which seemed to have random results.
>
> This is with Netscape Communicator 4.0.6 and AS 1.5pre9

Hi,

it is because netscape is just a script which invokes
netscape-communicator or netscape-navigator ; arguments of netscape are
expanded and sent unquoted to the program.

One way to achieve what you want is to suppress extra-spaces :
netscape -xrm Netscape.Navigator.geometry:850x700+100+20 &

    Denis