Re: dSetting desktop root

Ferri Andy Ch. (chandy@indo.net.id)
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:50:35 +0700

Dragan Stanojevic - Nevidljivi wrote:

> Hi...
>
> Can I set desktop root window without the XV program? Is it posible to
> do in Afterstep itself?
>
> I tried to copy foo.xpm to
> ~/GNUstep/Library/Afterstep/non-configurable/desk0/background and
> restarting Afterstep but noting happens... Where I'm wrong?
>
> If AfterStep can't do such thing, can you advise me which program should
> I use to do that... I would like some public domain or freeware, not XV
> if posible...
>
> Thanks
> Nevidljivi

Hi,

You can setup root window background witout XV, afterstep will do that for
you. Just copy all your favorite bacgrounds XPM
to ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/desktop/backgrounds, if this dir does not
exist yet, simply create one, then using
"startmenu->Quit->update startmenu".

Finally you can now select your favorite XMP from
statmenu->Decorations->Pictures.

Best regards,
Ferri Andy Ch.