Re: AfterStep too slow?

Ron Thompson (
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 07:56:49 -0700

Chris Zimmerman wrote:

> I have worked with many different window managers, and AfterStep is my
> favorite, but it seems to repaint the windows too slow when I resize
> them.  One test I performed involved Netscape (already a resource hog):
> When I resized the Netscape window in AfterStep, it took about 3-4 sec
> for the window to adjust itself; however, when I resized the same
> netscape window in FVWM2, it was instantaneous.   What is the problem?

Good point... I just realized that I've had the same problem with
Netscape... right now I'm being forced to use fvwm, because I'm too
stubborn to go back to an older version of AS, and it's much faster at
resizing windows.
What's up with that?
One thing I just noticed is that in fvwm it changes to a grid when you
resize, whereas I think in AS it always tried to resize the full window at
every step of the way.  Is there a way to turn that off or something?

    |     E-mail:     |
    |          ICQ: 4213537  (Wax66)         |
    |       |