Andrew Sullivan (
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:14:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Daniel Clausen wrote:

> Is it possible to keep a plain ascii version of the FAQ as well?
> If I'm the only person with this wish, please ignore this mail. :)

It is, if someone is willing to make one.

The FAQ is written as a linuxdoc SGML document, and for some reason my
version of troff here is not working correctly with sgmltools.  I don't
know why, & I just haven't had a chance to try & track down the problem.

If you want the sgml source, you can have it (just e-mail me, & I'll send
it along, or follow the instructions in my .sig).  You can then use
sgml2txt, if you have sgmltools (otherwise, you'll have to read the
source).  There aren't any images, though, so you should be able to use
lynx on the html version.  (It's not that big, so you can keep it on your
hard drive.)

Andrew Sullivan | (better)| (worse)
                                   *  *  *
'finger -l' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.