Re: Compile Problem

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998 garyl@akos.net wrote:

>  When I try to compile 1.5b3 (or b1 for that matter) i get thousands of
> the following errors.
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XDefaultScreen'
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XCreateImage'
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XDeftVisual'
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XFreeGC'
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XUngrabServer'
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XGetImage'
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XFreeColors'
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so: undefined reference to `XGrabServer'

These symbols come from libX11.  I'm not sure why libX11 isn't found
properly by configure, but we (the developers) have already had a couple
of bug reports of this nature.  We'll be trying to fix it, of course,
but if anyone come up with a solution, please let us know.

In the meantime, you may be able to add -lX11 to your
autoconf/Makefile.common, and get this problem to go away.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1