Re: Buttons in the titlebar.

Thadeu Penna (
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:23:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Kris Coward wrote:
> >  Is it possible to change the size of the buttons in the titlebar ?
> >  Actually, I prefer the Window Maker's style of big buttons rather than the
> >  small-Windows-95-like buttons...
> Use bigger images for your buttons. If you felt sufficiently perverse, you
> could make your buttons take up 1/4 of a screen each (although this would
> result in many extremely cluttered titlebars). It's right there in your look
> file.

Have you really tried to use bigger buttons? I am sorry, but did you
realize that I asked this question to the discussion list just after I
had tried to use the big buttons? AfterStep ALWAYS reduces the big buttons
to 15x15....  My question is: where in the source code should I change to
allow buttons bigger than 15x15 ? Is there any side effects in doing it?

Thadeu Penna          Linux user #50500
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University
590 Commonwealth Ave. - Boston MA 02215