Re: Feels in AS1.5b4

Armen Yampolsky (ayampolsky@erols.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:11:33 -0400

Hi,

> On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Armen Yampolsky wrote:
>
> ! I recently installed the rpm of AS 1.5-0.4, and seem to be having some
> ! trouble with the feels not showing up in the start menu.

> David Mihm wrote:

>         Heh, I suppose you were just trying to get them to appear in the
> menu when you decided to go for the backgounds directory. (?) :)

No, it's broken "out of the box".

> You need
> to put them in ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feels/ *then* from the menu
> "Quit --> Update startmenu".  This is in the FAQ :) located at
> www.afterstep.org/faq.html

Sorry, no. There's nothing in the FAQ about this bug, at least I can't find
it... Also, in 1.5-0.4, Update startmenu is not under Quit, it is under
Decorations. Maybe we're talking different versions...

In any case, I believe this is a bug -- any items placed in the feels user
subdir do not show up, instead, the contents of the backgrounds subdir shows
up under Feel. If I create a new user with a virgin GNUstep/Library dir, the
problem exists (xpm's from <ASroot>/backgrounds show up under Feel in the
startmenu). Could someone confirm? Perhaps there is a workaround? Also,
possibly this is an rpm problem... I installed the one built by RH on Sep 22
04:38:35 1998.

Cheers,
-A.

--