Re: BitchX and Eterm

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:16:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Hannes Fälth wrote:

> I'm trying to run BitchX in an Eterm under AS 1.5  beta 4 but the window
> does not scroll
> and in no time the window is full of garbage. When I first start a new
> Eterm with Eterm -O and
> then set the root window with Esetroot, then start BitchX it works, but I
> want to automate the process.
> Any ideas?

The pager in AS 1.5beta4 + patches sets the desktop pixmap in a way that
is compatible with Eterm --trans, so this will be fixed in the next
version of AS.  In the meantime, you could use a script like:

Esetroot -onroot -quiet ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/0_background
exec Eterm --trans

instead of Eterm itself.

----
Ethan Fischer