Re: Bug in pager?

Dagmar d'Surreal (dagmar@estates.ml.org)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:36:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Paul Keefer wrote:

> I think I have found a bug in the pager, but I'll let you be the
> judge.
>
> I have four virtual desktops, each with four panes.  If I open
> netscape in v1p1, then iconify it, then change to v1p2, and click
> on the icon for netscape, netscape will open on v1p2, but the
> pager shows that v1p1 is selected, and shows the netscape to be
> open in v1p1.  I hope that makes some sense.
>
> Something else that seems buggy, is if I iconify the netscape
> mail program when netscape is already iconified, the mail icon
> moves to cover it.  If I do the reverse, the netscape icon moves
> next to the mail icon as expected.

Damn you, DAMN YOU!  (Heh heh)  I just found that very same bug and was
rushing to pine to report it, and what do I see, but I'm not the first
person to spot it.  =)

Iconify something in desk 0, click on Pager to go to desk 1, click on the
icon to de-iconify it.  Pager will show it as being open in desk 1, even
though the highlight (and visible desktop) has changed back to desk 0.
Mr. Keefer definitely spotted a bug.

That Netscape thing is honesty probably just Netscape.  It's always been
weird about things.  I'm going to try compiling mozilla tonight, now that
I have my new CPU.