Re: Bug in pager?

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Paul Keefer wrote:
>
> > I have four virtual desktops, each with four panes.  If I open
> > netscape in v1p1, then iconify it, then change to v1p2, and click
> > on the icon for netscape, netscape will open on v1p2, but the
> > pager shows that v1p1 is selected, and shows the netscape to be
> > open in v1p1.  I hope that makes some sense.
[snippage]
> Iconify something in desk 0, click on Pager to go to desk 1, click on the
> icon to de-iconify it.  Pager will show it as being open in desk 1, even
> though the highlight (and visible desktop) has changed back to desk 0.
> Mr. Keefer definitely spotted a bug.

Hmm.  Sounds like two different things.  Paul said netscape showed up in
v1p1, and you said it showed up in v2p1.  What you described is partly
a feature. :)

StubbornIcons has that effect, according to the man page.  The comments
in the feel file are a bug, though - the comments for StubbornIcons and
StubbornPlacement are wrong.  Please see the man page for their real
effect.

The pager part is a bug.

Not sure about Paul's problem, though - I couldn't duplicate it.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1