Re: Bug in pager?

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:46:04 -0500

Ethan Fischer wrote :

>On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Paul Keefer wrote:
>>
>> > I have four virtual desktops, each with four panes.  If I open
>> > netscape in v1p1, then iconify it, then change to v1p2, and click
>> > on the icon for netscape, netscape will open on v1p2, but the
>> > pager shows that v1p1 is selected, and shows the netscape to be
>> > open in v1p1.  I hope that makes some sense.
>[snippage]
>> Iconify something in desk 0, click on Pager to go to desk 1, click on
the
>> icon to de-iconify it.  Pager will show it as being open in desk 1, even
>> though the highlight (and visible desktop) has changed back to desk 0.
>> Mr. Keefer definitely spotted a bug.
>Hmm.  Sounds like two different things.  Paul said netscape showed up in
>v1p1, and you said it showed up in v2p1.  What you described is partly
>a feature. :)
>StubbornIcons has that effect, according to the man page.  The comments
>in the feel file are a bug, though - the comments for StubbornIcons and
>StubbornPlacement are wrong.  Please see the man page for their real
>effect.
>The pager part is a bug.

Ok, I'm confirming that Pager have a bug in icon handling code.
Pager is not changing Desk for deiconified window, when it suppose to.
As the temporary fix try commenting out   *StickyPagerIcons setting in
Pager config.
That wil actually lead to another bug, but less disastrous - Pager will not
show icon in it's window,
despite that it's on Desk and visible. :)

I'm working on fix right now, so hopefully we'll have another patch
tomorrow ( 10/16 ).

>Not sure about Paul's problem, though - I couldn't duplicate it.
same thing

>Ethan Fischer
>allanon@crystaltokyo.com
>http://members.xoom.com/allanon1