Re: Asapm hack/patch available

Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:11:35 +0200 (CEST)

Dagmar d'Surreal writes:
> I'm going to try to get around to sending this directly to the author in
> email later tonight, but it looks like I spoke a little too soon yesterday
> concerning a small change to the asapm module.  After I actually looked at

E-mail broke down? Or US postal office on strike again?

> the code again, in about fifteen minutes I had managed to get it to do
> what I wanted.  The patch mentioned changes very little, except the Left
> and Right switches are changed to Lower and Upper (since the thing it

Well, you are partially right. The indicator used to be
horizontal and the indicator was actually on the left.
Since then I realized that it is not only positioned
on the left but shows what is _left_ in the battery, right? :)
And i decided to keep it the way it is just for fun.
Try to convince me it's bad *evil grin*.

> refers to is vertically oriented) and there is now a 'status' color in
> addition to the usual green, yellow, and red settings, so if you're like
> me, and don't like green digits, but don't want to change the battery
> status color from green, this patch will let you do it.  :)  My digits are

That's a good thing.

> happily blue now, and my little battery icon can change colors all it
> wants.  woowoo!
>
> http://surreal.estates.ml.org/~dagmar/asapm-2.1+status-hack.patch.gz
> and...
> http://surreal.estates.ml.org/~dagmar/asapm-2.1+status-hack.patch.desc

I'll certainly try to have a look as soon as this server
of yours becomes reachable ...

Cheers,
Albert

--