Re: Transparent Rxvt?

Steve Ki-Won Lee (kiwon@ugrad.cs.ualberta.ca)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 22:57:38 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Kirk Bauer wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Steve Ki-Won Lee wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Kirk Bauer wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, I give up... I cannot figure out how to get Rxvt to do
> > > a transparent background...
> > >
> > > Eterm seems to work under Enlightenment, but under AfterStep,
> > > Eterm's "transparent" background is offset and it gets messed up
> > > and doesn't update...
> >
> > I had alot of problems getting rxvt to be "transparent", but once I
> > upgraded it to 2.21, it worked like a charm.
>
> So, exactly how did you turn it on?  .Xdefaults?  Command line
> option?

Well, I have it setup in my wharf, but I tried this as command line and it
worked for me:

rxvt -bg black -fg wheat -geometry 85x29+7+24 -vb -pixmap
/path/to/your/.xpm &	(all one line of course :)

As you can see, with my version of Rxvt, it is not a true "transparency"
bg.  And AFAIK, the latest still isn't capable of it, but don't quote me.
Eterm though, I hear does offer a true transparency bg, I'm sure you know
that already.

Steve