Re: Eterm tiling and Esetroot

Doug Alcorn (alcornd@earthlink.net)
19 Oct 1998 10:17:37 -0400

ube <ube@rajraj.nu> writes:

> David Mihm wrote:
>
> >         Eterm does "pseudo-transparency", and with 1.5beta5 it no longer
> > requires Esetroot to set the transparency correctly.  As has been said by
> > others, Eterm won't do transparenc on tiled images.  This is obviously
> > better and less memory intensive to simply use the same pixmap as the root
> > bg anyway - that should be common sense, but apparently not to some. (no
> > offense to anyone here - just a statement) :)
> >

> That sound great, but how do get Eterm's  "pseudo-transparency" to work in
> beta5 without loading Esetroot?

Esetroot was used to do some X11 atom communication between the X
server and the Eterm application.  As of 1.5b4 patch 05, sasha has
modified the pager to perform this atom  communication.  This works
well as I have been using it for quite some time (almost since that
patch was released).

--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo )  (Fledgling XEmacs User)