Re: Eterm tiling and Esetroot

Chris MacLeod (stick@physis.viper.net)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:00:00 -0500 (CDT)

What's the main Eterm Development Home page?
I came across a while back but I can't find the message.

On 19 Oct, Doug Alcorn wrote:
> ube <ube@rajraj.nu> writes:
>
>> David Mihm wrote:
>>
>> >         Eterm does "pseudo-transparency", and with 1.5beta5 it no longer
>> > requires Esetroot to set the transparency correctly.  As has been said by
>> > others, Eterm won't do transparenc on tiled images.  This is obviously
>> > better and less memory intensive to simply use the same pixmap as the root
>> > bg anyway - that should be common sense, but apparently not to some. (no
>> > offense to anyone here - just a statement) :)
>> >

>> That sound great, but how do get Eterm's  "pseudo-transparency" to work in
>> beta5 without loading Esetroot?
>>
> Esetroot was used to do some X11 atom communication between the X
> server and the Eterm application.  As of 1.5b4 patch 05, sasha has
> modified the pager to perform this atom  communication.  This works
> well as I have been using it for quite some time (almost since that
> patch was released).

stick@physis.viper.net                                     Chris MacLeod
Web Systems Administrator                                www.miscellaneous.net

                  With blue, uncertain, stumbling buzz,
                  Between the light and me,
                  And then the windows failed, and then
                  I could not see to see.

	-Emily Dickenson	"I Heard A Fly Buzz When I Died"
 "Beware the penguins..."  -Morphy

 GNUpgp Public key Available - finger stick@miscellaneous.net