Re: Feels in AS1.5b4( Pager configuration)
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 09:51:43 -0500

John Lewis wrote :

>Armen Yampolsky wrote:
>> Hmm. What is odd is that nobody seems to have noticed this. I'm thinking
it's a
>> packaging error. Anybody else installed the beta via RPM?
>Have just installed 5beta4-3 from the rpm without too much trouble. Since
I am the
>sole user I haven't bothered to copy files from /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep
to my
>~/G/L/A directory and it seems to be working OK.

It is always recomended to copy config files to you home dir, and modify it
there. In case you
screw something up - you will have backup copy.

>The only thing I am having proble with is configuring the pager as I want
it. I
>cannot get rid of desks 2 and 3 despite removing  all references to these
that I
>could find in /u/X/s/a/pager.

To do that you need to change the way you start Pager :
it is started as Pager 0 3     and you need to change it to Pager 0 1

command line syntax is : Pager <firstdesk> <lastdesk>

if you swallow Pager in wharf  - you should modify wharf config file.
otherwise - change autoexec  file.

You will also need to modify Start_Pager menu entry in
afterstep/start/Modules   dir