Re: Wharf animation speed

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Stephen Loewinsohn wrote:

> I have edited /usr/share/afterstep/wharf and tried various values from 2
> to 1000 for the line:
>
> *WhafAnimateMain    <number>
>
> but every time I restart afterstep the animations on wharf are the same
> speed, (too slow). How can I get wharf to recognize this change? Note:
> my /~/GNUstep/Library/Afterstep/ directory does not contain a wharf
> configuration file.

As has been noted elsewhere, there are compile-time options for this in
the 1.4.x series.

In the 1.5 betas (after 1.5pre8), there are also runtime options available
in the wharf config.  These options are: AnimateSteps, AnimateStepsMain,
and AnimateDelay.  For example, in my wharf config, I have:

*WharfAnimateSteps      1
*WharfAnimateStepsMain  1
*WharfAnimateDelay      1

... this effectively turns off the animation, but other values are
possible.  See README.new_options for a quick description of new options.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1