Re: Starting Apps as Iconified

Thadeu Penna (tjpp@gis.net)
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:58:16 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Ethan wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Thadeu Penna wrote:
> >
> > > Is there such database option in AS 1.5?
> > > I'll take the change and ask why some weird applications for Window Maker
> > > do not work on AfterStep. I have found two: wmlicq and Mount.App. WmLicq
> > > (licq patched to WM) works nicely as icon but I tried to MaxSwallow it
> > > what I got is the full open window swallowed (I didnt know about this new
> > > feature).
> >
> > Try just using Swallow.
> >
> In addition, there is a way to start an app iconified via database.  The
> option you're looking for is StartIconic.

Thanks a lot to Andrew and Ethan for the suggestions. Actually,
StartIconic is what I was looking for. By the way, I could not find it in
the current documentation. IMHO, the database configuration is not fully
documented anywhere.

P.S. Even using these suggestion I was not able to swallow wmlicq :) I
think that it can recognize when it is going to be swallowed or docked.

Thadeu Penna          Linux user #50500
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University
590 Commonwealth Ave. - Boston MA 02215