Re: Upgrading AS, libc5 okay?

Coplan (
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 03:47:40 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, David LaMothe wrote:

> So my question is can I install the latest AS from source, or for that matter,
> any new program?
We install just about every program from source onto the machine at
work.  It leaves some problems sometimes...but in general, we get a
smoother running system.  I don't know if this is really true -- but we
feel as though it does.  I for one have little experience installing RPM
method...but I imagine it might be easier.

> Also, if I can do it, would upgrading from TkStep-4.2 to 8.x (?) enhance AS in
> any significant way?
Can't answer, but it brings up a good question:  What exactly is TkStep
and what does it do?  Only mention of it I've ever seen was with the
installation instructions for ASCP...but I never grabbed it.

Coplan			  		/"\
Immortal Coil.Tracking			 X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
					/ \