Ethan (
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:34:15 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Peter Berck wrote:

> //From: Wandered Inn <>
> //Subject: Re: ASCP
> //
> //Peter Berck wrote:
> //
> //> I don't think so - I had the same problems. I tried unzip, gunzip,
> //> uncompress and bunzip2 or whatever it is called.
> //>
> //> I forgot the exact error I got. I can download it again, and try
> //> again if someone is really interested...
> //
> //It is likely that it was corrupt, so I would suggest you try to
> //redownload.
> Has a new version been put up? I already tried several times:
> with versions .9.1, .2 and now .3.
> The ascp is always the only download I can't uncompress.

I also had this trouble, but found a way around it.  I use lynx, and
normally press enter on a link, then "d" to download it.  In ascp's case,
however, I don't get the option to download - lynx seems to think it is
plain text.  So I forced a download by pressing "d" _instead_ of enter,
and voila!  It worked.

Ethan Fischer