Re: Eterm configuration & startmenu

Tomas Duewiger (
04 Oct 1998 14:24:19 +0200

"David A. Pellegrino" <> writes:

> I've been trying to get Eterm to show up in my startmenu, but I'm not sure
> what line to add to the startmenu file.
> Is it something like: "Eterm" Exec eterm ...

Assuming that you use AS 1.5betaX you should usually have one file
for each entry in your startmenu. Looking like this:

Exec "Rxvt" exec rxvt &

The second entry "Rxvt" is the part that will appear in the startmenu,
even when the file is called 0_foo_bar. Just look into
/usr/local/share/afterstep/start/ to see what entries were made by the
the developers (also look there to see how the mini-pixmap stuff is

I always use

$ echo "Exec \"Rxvt\" exec rxvt &" > 1_rxvt

to produce new entries, since that doesn't happens so often, I didn't find
it useful to write a script for this ;-)

After putting new entries into the right places (~/G/L/A/s/...) you should
choose Quit->Update startmenu from the startmenu to have AS re-read all
the files.

Tomas Duewiger