Re: Emacs wierdness...

Andrew Sullivan (
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:15:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Stephan Witz wrote:

> I'm running AfterStep-1.5beta5 on a RedHat 5.1 i686 linux box,
> X is XFree86 3.3.2. My emacs (20.3.1) responds to a ctrl-v
> differently than it does with Window Maker or tvtwm. I've tried
> running it sans configuration files, I've tried running other
> versions of it (fresh installations of 20.2.1 and xemacs 20.4).
> ctrl-v used to be scroll-up, now it pastes (sort of, it does some
> translation as well).
> Any ideas?

Yes.  This is probably the result of a keybinding in your feel file.  Try
clicking on start/decorations/feels/feel.ICCCM (and using quit/update
look&feel), & see if that fixes things.

If so, you can get some of the feel functionality you liked back by
editing your favourite feel file.  Copy it to your
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/feels directory, and make the changes there.
More info is available in the AS FAQ.  See my .sig, below.

Andrew Sullivan | (better)| (worse)
                                   *  *  *
'finger -l' to find the AfterStep FAQ file.