Re: Hate click-to-type. How-to do followmouse focus?

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:20:21 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 mikebo@tellabs.com wrote:

> This is not strictly an Afterstep question, so please forgive if this
> is not he appropriate forum.

Actually, it _is_ strictly an AS question.

> I hate click-to-type window focus, and want the focus to change to
> whichever window the mouse point touches. I think this is called
> followmouse focus or something. How can I configure to use this?
> Specifically, I don't want to bring the window forward with mouse
> pointer - just make it active.

You want to play with the various focus modes in your feel file.  You want
SloppyFocus, but you don't want the window to raise automatically.  So,
try using Sloppy focus, with ClickToRaise enabled, and AutoRaise disabled.
In the version I'm running right now (1.5b4), that's fdeel.DEFAULT.

A.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue