Re: Change the Wharf icon on-the-fly

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:37:28 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Thadeu Penna wrote:

> My idea is to click in the Wharf and run "xmodmap
> portuguese.xpm" and change the icon to P.xpm, for instance. If the icon is
> P.xpm and I click in the Wharf, it changes to E.xpm and run "xmodmap
> english.xpm". Since most developers of AS are non-american people, I think
> it could be of interest to them ;)

This isn't too far from part of what asmail does: when you click it, it
will allow you to start an application (usually a mail app in that case),
and it also changes the icon (-s, but whatever) in the Wharf.  Maybe just
those bits could be hacked out of asmail?  IANAP, so I don't know, but it
doesn't seem that it ought to be too big a stretch.

A.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue