Re: Beta 5

Linux Idiot (esoteric@denali.atlnet.com)
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:39:46 +0000

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> On 6 Oct 1998, Doug Alcorn wrote:
>
> > <nearly random spewwing of potential nonsense>
> > It the above happens to be true, wouldn't it be nice to have a
> > feature that would cause the mouse pointer to always jump inside the
> > child window.  The would prevent the unwanted parent autoraising
> > feature.
> > <\wistfull hoping for something that may exist>
>
> Noooo... BAD!  :(  I there's one thing I can't stand, it's a spastic mouse
> pointer.  It should go where I put it and not go racing off somewhere
> else.  It just slows me down because I have to waste time looking for
> where it zipped off to, instead of looking at where I'm about to try to
> click.  Please, please, Mr. Developers, please if you make any more
> spastic mouse options, make them disableable.  (Something about forcing
> the mouse to the window to get around the focus problem sounds like a
> kludge, anyway.  :/  )

I don't think this is the answer.  The solution is, the drop down menu
of a window should never be below the window.  It makes no sense.  I
don't know the code, but this is a bug.  It should not happen, there's
no purpose behind it.

> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric@denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????