Re: startmenu updating

Rob Lingelbach rob@alegria.com
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:31:47 -0500

On Oct 6,  9:50, Dave Taira wrote:
} Subject: Re: startmenu updating

> > > home directory, not the system-wide set.  I added a new directory, and
> > > that submenu does NOT show up on my start menu.
>
> This frustrated me for a while, too, while I was creating a new look
> file. I had to do Start -> Quit -> Update Startmenu. Then my new look
> appeared in the appropriate place.

I'm just getting my feet wet with AfterStep and have read the FAQ and
the configuration guide, yet can't figure out why I don't have the
"Update Startmenu" option under "Start -> Quit".  The startmenu itself
I can only find on my system under
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/tmp/startmenu -not under
/usr/share/afterstep/* at all. Do I have a misconfiguration here?

system is Linux RH5.1 with AfterStep-1.4.5.55N6 installed from tarred
source.

thanks.
--Rob

--
Rob Lingelbach          |  6418 Velasco Ave., Dallas, TX 75214
rob@alegria.com         |"I would give nothing for that man's religion whose