XPM's Not Loading (Was Feels in AS1.5b4) (fwd)

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:01:58 -0500 (CDT)

	please check the reply to and direct to Armen Yampolsky
	<ayampolsky@erols.com> as well as the AS list, and myself.***

I know this problem has been solved on the #afterstep channel, but I could
not grep the solution from my logs, so if someone could offer up the
correct solution, I (and everyone else having this problem) would be
greatly thankful. -Dave

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 10:09:44 -0400
From: Armen Yampolsky <ayampolsky@erols.com>
To: Dave <davemann@ionet.net>
Subject: XPM's Not Loading (Was Feels in AS1.5b4)

Hi, David,

I tried out your suggestion, and compiled and installed AS 1.5b4 from source.
However, this new installation does not display xpm's on the root window, wharf,
or in the window dressing. It is not an X/resource problem, and I can easily load
the xpm's once AS is up using xv or display, and windows iconify correctly... A
fellow on #afterstep told me that he has heard of this problem, but did not
remember the solution. Have you heard of anything like this?

BTW, the debug output says something like "as-exit.xpm is not a JPEG file" or

David Mihm wrote:

> ! > On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Armen Yampolsky wrote:
> ! >
> ! > ! I recently installed the rpm of AS 1.5-0.4, and seem to be having some
> ! > ! trouble with the feels not showing up in the start menu.

>        Don't use the beta rpm from RH - it uses the fixed menu entry and
> does not work.

Armen Yampolsky
Axiom Software Labs
New York