Re: ASClock shows wrong time

Benjamin J. Tracy (tracy@wsicorp.com)
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 13:03:44 -0400 (EDT)

Ron-

The reason is that at the point when asclock is invoked, your TZ
environment variable is set to GMT, which causes any system calls like the
ones asclock uses to get the time to return GMT time instead of a more
natural timezone like PST.  I had the same problem before, and I used a
script to fix it.  Try running the following script instead of running
asclock explicitly in your wharf config.

---
#!/bin/csh
setenv TZ PST8PDT
asclock &