Re: ASClock shows wrong time

Kevin Chu (
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 12:17:21 -0700

Ron Thompson wrote:

> Okay, this is odd, and I've lived with it for a while, but for some reason
> the asclock shows the time 7 hours ahead.  Date and clock show the correct
> times, so why is it the only one that's wrong?
> The only thing I can think of is that it might be showing GMT, as I am 8
> hours behind, and then I think we're also in daylight savings time, which
> would make it 7.  But... why?

If you're using a Red Hat distribution and a libc5 AS (or ASClock),
check  out:

which is a Red Hat 5.0 errata but is still valid for 5.1.  I run
Netscape Communicator libc5 and in Communicator was having the time
show up as +0000 instead of -0800 (or -0700 for daylight savings
time), even though date showed the correct time.

Kevin Chu