Re: ASClock shows wrong time

Ron Thompson (yahoo@mindless.com)
Thu, 08 Oct 1998 15:30:22 -0700

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Ron Thompson wrote:
>
> > >#!/bin/csh
> > >setenv TZ PST8PDT
> > >asclock &
> >
> > That sounds really cool... and I'll try it when I get home, but I'm just
> > curious, what is TZ, and why doesn't it affect the times system-wide?
> > Thanks for the help!
> >   -Ron

Actually, just to let you all know, Kevin Chu had the easy fix for me.
It turns out that asclock was trying to refer to the incorrect timezone
directory, and this is a known problem with RedHat 5.0 (and still is wrong
with 5.1 obviously, since that's what I run).
All you need to do is make the link between /usr/lib/zoneinfo and
/usr/share/zoneinfo
Thanks, Kevin!  8-)  And thanks everyone else for the effort!
  -Ron

--
    |     E-mail: Thompson@broadcast.net     |
    |          ICQ: 4213537  (Wax66)         |