Re: XPM's Not Loading (Was Feels in AS1.5b4) (fwd)

Armen Yampolsky (ayampolsky@erols.com)
Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:31:59 -0400

Well Sasha, you're absolutely right -- when I pay attention to what configure
does, it never sees my XPM library. I'm going to have to figure out why,
because most certainly it's there -- I have xpm-3.4j-1.rpm installed. The
output of ldconfig -p | grep '.*Xpm.*' give me

        libXpm.so.4 (ELF-libc5) => /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libXpm.so.4
        libXpm.so.4 (ELF-libc6) => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4
        libXpm.so.4 (DLL) => /usr/i486-linuxaout/lib/libXpm.so.4

So I've got a bunch of them, from different places. The funny thing is, at
work the configure script doesn't even see X! I'm going to need to figure this
out, I've got all the development libraries there...

Thanks for pointing this out to me,
-Armen

--
Armen Yampolsky