RE: XPM's Not Loading (Was Feels in AS1.5b4) (fwd)

John Koch (JKOCH1@Tandy.com)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 08:59:14 -0500

Check out the XIMAGELOADER define in the configure.h header.  By default
it wants to use xli.  I changed mine to:

#define XIMAGELOADER "xv -root -quit"

Remove all your object files and re-compile.  Be sure to fully qualify
the path to xv if necessary.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Armen Yampolsky [mailto:ayampolsky@erols.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 1998 8:32 AM
To: Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us; afterstep@linuxcenter.com
Subject: Re: XPM's Not Loading (Was Feels in AS1.5b4) (fwd)

Well Sasha, you're absolutely right -- when I pay attention to what
configure
does, it never sees my XPM library. I'm going to have to figure out why,
because most certainly it's there -- I have xpm-3.4j-1.rpm installed.
The
output of ldconfig -p | grep '.*Xpm.*' give me

        libXpm.so.4 (ELF-libc5) => /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libXpm.so.4
        libXpm.so.4 (ELF-libc6) => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4
        libXpm.so.4 (DLL) => /usr/i486-linuxaout/lib/libXpm.so.4

So I've got a bunch of them, from different places. The funny thing is,
at
work the configure script doesn't even see X! I'm going to need to
figure this
out, I've got all the development libraries there...

Thanks for pointing this out to me,
-Armen

--
Armen Yampolsky